8Great: Reasons for ‘beach time’ at Pacific Sands Beach Resort
Just beyond the edge of Pacific Rim National Park, a secluded horseshoe shaped beach, with rocky fingers, bookending each side of this magical place, called Cox Bay, Tofino, British Columbia. The wild West Coast, or Left Coast of Vancouver Island, famous for surfing, big trees and incredible seafood, well heck what are waiting for, time to get here.
1. Catch a wave. Surfs up! There is not a better place to learn. Immerse yourself in the sea and feel that power of goodness as you step up, balance and ride your wave. Take a lesson with Surf Sisters right here and enjoy the convenience of the on-site Surf Shack. Enjoy after surf outdoor shower, plus the easy and convenient storage of your board until your next wave session.
2. Ocean fresh. Eat something from sea to fork at Wildside Grill, there is a reason why this place was featured on the Food Network, everything is caught or rounded up nearby, prepared that day for your delight.
3. Stand up. Take your fitness to the sea, with a Stand Up Paddle Board lesson on flatwater or take the challenge by paddling out to catch a wave.
4. Whale watch. Get in ‘zode-mode’, with Jamie’s Whaling Station, zipping along the wild and rugged coastline, on way to the famous feeding areas near Flores Island or Long Beach to view massive mammal moments.
5. Yep…craft beer here. Nothing beats a small batch craft beer after a day in the sun on the beach. Now that is fresh, giving your tongue a sleigh ride, enjoy a flight in the Tofino Brewing Company tasting room.
6. Sunset walk. Step outside your door to see one of the best sunsets in North America. Tofino, air is so fresh, vivid and rich sky, make this moment melt into your heart as the big red ball sinks right into the ocean. Beach chairs and Tofino Brewing Company perfect addition. Check!
7. Giant Trees. Walk into the woods and feel it change you. That pure, breathe in deep, cedar scent, hug, hold that big tree, a mighty power of good from nature, sinks in and you feel so good.
8. Pacific Rim National Park. Canada raw. Enjoy the power of the ocean’s pounding surf, Long Beach, walk among giant cedars, a lush temperate rainforest, or just settle into the sand, read that book you have always wanted to, this is your time.