AG Recipe: Lemon Ricotta Waffle with Mascarpone and Blueberries
Take for example, National Waffle Day on August 24th. (You know, we adventure girls will be celebrating all things waffles here at our office!)
The Hotel Saugatuck in Saugatuck, Michigan, created a delicious Lemon Ricotta Waffle with Mascarpone and Bueberries recipe for us, and that they’re offering their hotel guests to mark the delicious holiday.
There’s no way, we’d let this one slip by you, so we’re passing it on!
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c buttermilk
- 1/2 c whole milk
- 2 T melted butter
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 8 oz. mascarpone
- 1 T lemon curd
- 1 Pt Blueberries (for garnish)
Let’s Create it!
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In separate large bowl, whisk eggs, ricotta cheese, buttermilk, whole milk and butter and lemon juice together.
- Mix in lemon zest to the wet mixture
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until smooth.
- Cook according to waffle iron instructions.
- In a small bowl, blend lemon curd into mascarpone.
- Place cooked waffle on plate and top with mascarpone and blueberries
Makes approximately 4-6 waffles (depending on waffle iron)
Recipe credit: The Hotel Saugatuck.
Photo credit: Farrell A. Leo.